I’m looking for an Cost Estimator for a big international renewables company near the Rotterdam / The Hague area. At least a few years’ experience in similar position and looking for a new opportunity in a company where you have a good atmosphere, good benefits and nice salary.
My client is one of the leaders in the delivery of fixed offshore wind farm projects, supporting developers to bring sustainable, renewable energy to the world through the construction of fixed offshore wind farms. They work with fully owned vessels with significant lift capacities. Both vessels can handle lifts from cargo barges offshore and the vessels offer a most efficient operational execution. The vessels enable the company to carry out the largest and most challenging projects throughout the entire world.
As a Cost Estimator, you’re a pivotal point of contact for several disciplines so excellent communication skills are key to your success. You will be responsible for handling the estimating portion of the tender process, satisfying client requirements, and ensuring that planning, procurement and risk factors are all taken into consideration when compiling offers. You’ll work collaboratively with the tender engineering team, the relevant planning as well as the Commercial Director or Tender Manager. The Cost Estimator shall develop competitive commercial offers for the company’s clients.
- Responsible for identification, recording and implementation of the customer’s commercial requirements in the tender phase;
- Responsible for the costing and estimating portion of all offers during the tender and negotiation phase, including the attendance at all relevant meetings required and to ensure compliance with the process;
- Evaluate subcontractor quotes and incorporate these in cost estimates;
- Responsible for integrating cost estimates from other offices and ensure alignment to commercial requirements;
- Responsible for creating payment plans and cash flow estimates for the offers
- Creation of pricing formats (incl. commercial frameworks) for subcontractors to assist supply chain management procedures;
- Responsible for the commercial quality of the offers produced by the tender team as submitted to the customers, including correctness of data;
- Responsible for ensuring that all commercial obligations under contract are risk assessed at tender stage prior to submission;
- Prepare all relevant commercial and financial documents relevant for management approval meetings and handover of projects that have been won to the operations department;
- Responsible for including “Best Practice and Lessons Learned” as well as redefining the standard costing procedures based on actuals from previous projects, updated company requirements or market regulations into the tender process;
- Responsible for the accurate document storage of your work using the company’s document management system.
- A BSc degree in Finance or Business Management with a strong focus on costs and financial topics;
- Previous relevant experience in a similar position (preferably in the offshore renewables market);
- Good command of the English language;
- Able to plan work and keep accurate records;
- Knowledge and ability to use cost estimating software (e.g. MS Excel and/or Hexagon EcoSys);
- Knowledge of the offshore industry and a keen interest in learning more about projects and our business in general;
- Solid commercial sense and business acumen;
- Resourceful and strategic thinker;
- Willing to travel to a limited extent;
- Time management and stress resistant;
- Communicative personality.
Our client offers a exiting job in an internationally company near Rotterdam/The Hague. As well as a salary conforming to the market norm, they also offer excellent secondary terms and conditions
Reageer op Cost Estimator
Vul onderstaand formulier in om te solliciteren op de vacature Cost Estimator.
Den Haag omgeving
Afhankelijk van ervaring