Principal Structural Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Structural Engineer for a big international offshore company near the Rotterdam / The Hague, Aberdeen or Oslo area. For this position we are looking for at least 8 years’ experience in similar position in the offshore construction sector.
The company works with fully owned vessels with significant lift capacities. The active fleet comprises around ten vessels with two more high-specification assets, designed for the installation of next generation of wind turbine generators and foundations, under construction.. The vessels enable the company to carry out the largest and most challenging projects throughout the entire world.
As a Structural Engineer you will support project teams with calculation and the development of methods and procedures for installing, removing and transporting offshore constructions.
- Provide specialist skills and knowledge in key areas of offshore structural transportation and installation engineering.
- Coordinate, supervise and provide guidance to (Senior) Structural Engineers with respect to calculation methods and procedures.
- Evaluate, organize, and prioritise own and others workload .
- Supports interfaces with subcontractors and internal clients.
- Resolve technical queries and recommend solutions to engineering problems related to structural elements.
- Perform structural engineering from concept design to detailed design for design of grillage and sea fastening, lift points, lifting appliances and installation aids.
- Prepare and review detailed calculations and drawings on project related subjects such as rigging, pad-eyes, sea-fastening, barge grillages etc.
- Contributes to internal meetings, client meetings, yard visits, mobilizations, and offshore works.
- Ensure compliancy with my clients engineering standards and relevant codes.
- Minimum Bachelor (HTS) / Master level (Civil Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent).
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in a project/construction related environment in a Structural Engineering based role.
- Experience in the offshore construction industry is necessary.
- Sound knowledge of industry codes, standards, and design guidelines. (API, DNV, AISC, ASME, ISO etc.)
- Expert Knowledge of Sesam GeniE, SACS and ANSYS software.
- Comprehensive communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Innovative and hands-on mentality.
- Willing to travel abroad to sites and sometimes offshore to our vessels.
Our client offers a exiting job in an internationally company near Rotterdam/The Hague area. As well as a salary conforming to the market norm, they also offer excellent secondary terms and conditions like hybrid way of working, 13th month, 30 vacations day and much more that I would love to talk to you about.
Reageer op Principal Structural Engineer
Vul onderstaand formulier in om te solliciteren op de vacature Principal Structural Engineer.
The Hague area
Afhankelijk van ervaring